Reach Forklift Training Course Novice Operators
By the end of the course trainees will have covered the basic skills and knowledge required to carry out their duties safely and efficiently whilst driving a reach forklift truck in the a typical warehouse.
BB Training Services forklift training is carried out to a standard accredited by ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register) in line with HSE guidelines as published in: L117 (Approved Code of Practice for Rider Operated Lift Truck Operator Training).
- Legislation – (HASAWA 1974 – PUWER – LOLER – ACOP L117)
- Operator safety video(s)
- Pre Use Checks – Record Keeping and Reporting
- Introduction to the reach forklift and controls
- Starting / Stopping
- Observational Techniques
- Basic Steering & Steering in Confined Spaces
- Approaching a load to pick up & place in a marked area
- Bulk Stacking
- Loading & Unloading a Vehicle
- Place & Retrieve a Load from an Industrial Racking System (All Heights)
- Re-Fuel / Re-Charge / LPG Changing Bottles
- Theory Test
- Pre Use Inspection Test
- Practical Test of Operating Skills
- Upon successful completion of the course, trainees are awarded an ITSSAR Certificate of Basic Training to operate a reach forklift truck.
- Trainees will also be provided with an ID card and entered onto the ITSSAR national database for reach forklift operators.