Reach Forklift Training Course Experienced Operators
To provide attendees with the sufficient skills and knowledge
required to carry out their tasks safely and efficiently whilst
operating a reach forklift truck in the workplace.
This course is for someone who can operate a reach
forklift but has never received any formal training or previously issued
with a certificate of training.
BB Training Services forklift training is carried out to a standard accredited by
ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register) in
line with HSE guidelines as published in: L117 (Approved Code of Practice for Rider
Operated Lift Truck Operator Training).
- Legislation – (HASAWA 1974 – PUWER – LOLER – ACOP L117)
- Operator safety video(s)
- Pre Use Checks – Record Keeping and Reporting
- Starting / Stopping
- Observational Techniques
- Steering in Confined Spaces
- Bulk Stacking
- Loading & Unloading a Vehicle
- Place & Retrieve a Load from an Industrial Racking System (All Heights)
- Re-Fuel / Re-Charge / LPG Changing Bottles
- Theory Test
- Pre Use Inspection Test
- Practical Test of Operating Skills
- Upon successful completion of the course, trainees are awarded an ITSSAR experienced operator Certificate of Training to operate a reach forklift truck.
- Trainees will also be provided with an ID card and entered onto the ITSSAR national database for reach forklift operators.