Tow Tractor Training
This training course is conducted on client premises to allow operators to use a specific Tow Tractor.
- 1 – 3 days depending on experience.
- Maximum of 4 trainees per course
After this training course the operator should be able to: –
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rated capacity of a Tow Tractor.
- Carry out a pre-use inspection.
- Able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Travel (forward and reverse) with laden and un-laden trailers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of operator’s responsibilities & relevant legislation.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Course Content
Relevant regulations & legislation
- Introduction to machine controls and instruments
- Weight assessment & tow capacity
- Tow Truck Stability
- Components and main types of tow tractor
- Limitations of use
- Emergency controls
- Hitching & un-hitching trailers
- Handling laden & un-laden trailers
- Re-fuelling procedures
- Pre-start inspection & maintenance
- Driving in confined areas
Successful candidates will be issued with a BB TRAINING SERVICES certificate.