Counterbalance Forklift Course Experienced Operators
To provide trainees with the sufficient skills and knowledge required to carry out their duties safely and efficiently whilst operating a counterbalance forklift truck in the workplace.
An experienced operator course is for someone who can operate a counterbalance forklift but has never received any formal training or previously issued with a certificate of training.
The forklift training is carried out to a standard accredited by RTITB (road transport industry training board) in line with HSE guidelines as published in:
L117 (Approved Code of Practice for Rider Operated Lift Truck Operator Training).
- Legislation - (HASAWA 1974 - PUWER - LOLER - ACOP L117)
- Operator safety video(s)
- Pre Use Checks - Record Keeping and Reporting
- Starting / Stopping
- Observational Techniques
- Steering in Confined Spaces
- Bulk Stacking
- Loading & Unloading a Vehicle
- Place & Retrieve a Load from an Industrial Racking System (All Heights)
- Re-Fuel / Re-Charge / LPG Changing Bottles
- Theory Test
- Pre Use Inspection Test
- Practical Test of Operating Skills
Upon successful completion of the course, trainees are awarded an RTITB experienced operator Certificate of Training to operate a counterbalance forklift truck.
Trainees will also be provided with an ID card and entered onto the RTITB national database for counterbalance forklift operators.