Reach Forklift Truck Refresher Training Course
To provide trainees with the sufficient skills and knowledge required to
carry out their duties safely and efficiently whilst operating a reach
forklift truck in the workplace.
A refresher course is for someone who can operate a reach forklift and has
previously received formal training and issued with a Certificate of Basic
The forklift training is carried out to a standard accredited by
ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register) in line with
HSE guidelines as published in:
L117 (Approved Code of Practice for Rider Operated Lift Truck Operator
- Legislation - (HASAWA 1974 - PUWER - LOLER - ACOP L117)
- Operator safety video(s)
- Recommended Mount and Dismount
- Pre Use Checks - Record Keeping and Reporting
- Observational Techniques
- Steering in Confined Spaces
- Bulk Stacking
- Place & Retrieve a Load from an Industrial Racking System (All Heights)
- Re-Fuel / Re-Charge / LPG Changing Bottles
- Theory Test
- Pre Use Inspection Test
- Practical Test of Operating Skills
- Upon successful completion of the course, trainees are awarded an ITSSAR refresher Certificate of Training to operate a reach forklift truck.
- Trainees will also be provided with an ID card and entered onto the ITSSAR national database for reach forklift operators.