Reach Forklift Conversion Training
To provide trainees with the sufficient basic skills and knowledge required to carry out their duties safely and efficiently when operating a reach forklift truck in the workplace.
A reach conversion course is for any trainee who has previously received formal training and issued with a Certificate of Basic Skills on another type of forklift.
The forklift training is carried out to a standard accredited by ITSSAR (Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register) in line with HSE guidelines as published in:
L117 (Approved Code of Practice for Rider Operated Lift Truck Operator Training).
- Legislation - (HASAWA 1974 - PUWER - LOLER - ACOP L117)
- Operator safety video(s)
- Pre Use Checks - Record Keeping and Reporting
- Introduction to the reach forklift and controls
- Observational Techniques
- Basic Steering & Steering in Confined Spaces
- Bulk Stacking
- Loading & Unloading a Vehicle
- Place & Retrieve a Load from an Industrial Racking System (All Heights)
- Re-Fuel / Re-Charge / LPG Changing Bottles
- Theory Test
- Pre Use Inspection Test
- Practical Test of Operating Skills
- Upon successful completion of the course, trainees are awarded an ITSSAR Certificate of Conversion Training to operate a reach forklift truck.
- Trainees will also be provided with an ID card and entered onto the ITSSAR national database for reach forklift operators.